Discuss Need help reaching put to customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rochdale
Hi!

i have a bathroom/tile showroom thats been open for about a year.

business is a struggle at the moment.

I’m just locking for some advice.

our local tilers/plumbers and tilers haven’t even tried us but we do get our some of our own customers.

with customers, we’re waiting till we build up a reputation and progress with word of mouth (the best way)

we’re a supply company only.

butmy main question is, how do i get tilers/plumbers to try us out?
Thanks!!

Rochdale
Why don’t you offer a fitting service?

Its only me and my dad in the showroom, we have a recommended installer (my brother), but he can only install so many bathrooms a month.

its hard to trust other installers as we’re not sure what they’re work is like.

i was thinking of ringing tilers/plumbers but i thought it would be annoying for them, so i decided to text/email them.... and tbh there are alot of tilers/plumbers in my area too.

it seems that customers who are getting new bathrooms, get there installers to source their products too.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
In my experience customers would rather deal with a local company who can organise the complete job for them.
They don’t want the hassle of organising the materials, plumber, tiler, electrician etc etc.
You really need to be offering a complete package, from design to completed install in house.
It’s going to be tricky getting the right tradesmen, but it’s not impossible, there are plenty of decent tradesmen out there.
Plenty of references and site visits to view their work in progress.

D

Dumbo

I agree with @Boggs .
You don't have to make money out of the tradesmen just put them forward for work . Because you will make money from the goods .
I do some work with a plumber , it's his job he ask me to quote for the tiling ( direct to customer ) he arranges a spark. But the job was pushed his way by the bathroom showroom .
If you get trades and try to make money from them , you will either price yourself out out or have rubbish tradesmen prepared to work for rubbish rates.
Contact local plumbers with a good rep and ask them if you put them forward for work would they be interested on the grounds you supply all the bathroom goods , I'm sure you will get a positive response .

D

Dumbo

Sell adhesive cheap , don't make much money on it , use it as a loss leader , well not loss but don't make much . You may be surprised at how much money you make on it purely because of the volume you sell . Do deals on large tile orders , lets say you x on a metre of tiles so on 10 metres you make 10x , so on a 100 metre order do you need to make 100x when it takes the same amount of time to email an order for 100metres as it does for 10metres

Rochdale
I agree with @Boggs .
You don't have to make money out of the tradesmen just put them forward for work . Because you will make money from the goods .
I do some work with a plumber , it's his job he ask me to quote for the tiling ( direct to customer ) he arranges a spark. But the job was pushed his way by the bathroom showroom .
If you get trades and try to make money from them , you will either price yourself out out or have rubbish tradesmen prepared to work for rubbish rates.
Contact local plumbers with a good rep and ask them if you put them forward for work would they be interested on the grounds you supply all the bathroom goods , I'm sure you will get a positive response .

We have tried texting/email plumbers/tilers in our area about potential jobs, but little if any response at all.

would you think a phone call would be to much?

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Glasgow
We have tried texting/email plumbers/tilers in our area about potential jobs, but little if any response at all.

would you think a phone call would be to much?

Quite the opposite, I think a phone call may seem a bit more personal to them, a text or email they will probably consider as spam or as a mass message that has been sent out to hundreds of people, you have nothing to lose

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Need help reaching put to customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB