Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Need Help with grout residue on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Hi All,
we have recently had our small bathroom decorated and have been badly let down by the company we employed to do it. The tiles in the shower area are a mix of glass mosaic and travertine from Fired Earth. I have attached a picture of the end result. The majority of the tiles have a layer of grout residue which is very difficult to remove. Fired Earth supplied the limestone grout and some flexibond which I think is causing the problem. I found this on Biscem's website.

If used in grout it is important to remove residual grout from the tile face immediately as Flexibond dries very hard and is difficult to remove.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a suitable product that can help remove this residue without damaging the tiles.

Thanks in advance
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 68
T

Time's Ran Out

The glass mosaics shouldn't be a problem, but you'll have to take care with the Travertine!
I pesonally wouldn't reccommend any product at this stage as the 'tiling' company will portion the blame back to you if you attempt anythng prior to them attending/or otherwise.
Note : I'd be asking about that bead+ of silicone in the corner as well.
Have you raised the standard of fixing with Fired Earth or were they totally independent.

Reply to Need Help with grout residue on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Need Help with grout residue on tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.