Discuss Need help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

suzie B

Hi there can anyone help with this problem??????????

we Tiled our Kitchen floor last week with porcelin tiles 600x600, which we bought from B+Q,i cleaned them with heavy duty tile cleaner then sealed them before laying, we tiled the area 7.40m2 and went last night to grout them to fine that none of them have bonded with the tiles, the adhesive has stuck to the concreate floor but not to the tile, why would this be???? we're not first time tilers we recently did our bathroom which now looks fab! we can't understand why they haven't stuck, a tiler friend said he's had the same problem with B+Q adhesive and the 600 x600 porcelin tiles and that it's the adhesive thats rubbish, professional tiler said we should take pictures and take them to B+Q and get a full refund for the tiles, adhesive etc, has anyone else had this problem? can anyone please help????

Last edited by a moderator:
S

suzie B

yeh it said it's sepcially for porcelain tiles, it says a 3 hour drying time but we only mixed a little bit at a time to make sure it didn't set to quick, we read the back of the bag and followed all the instructions can't understand why it didn't stick, we went for the unibond band cos it's a well known brand and thought you can't go wrong with a well known make maybe that was wishfull thinking !!!!!!!!

T

The D

ive never used unibond adhesive so i cant comment on it , but i still think you have been sold the wrong adhesive, it should have been a rapid set flexable adhesive , how quick did the adhesive you used set ,
what does it say on back of bag ,does it say its suitable for porcelain

why dose it have to be flexible rapid ? If there is no ufh and it is a concrete sub straight a standard set porcel bond will do the job.

Reply to Need help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Need help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.