Discuss Need some advice - Bathroom shower wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cthrower

Hi - I've recently acquired a house that needs a bit of work. We have an en-suite bathroom, which I plan on putting a shower cubicle in with electric shower. I've tiled the floor but I need some advice on the wall.
Currently it's bare bricks where I plan to chase in the cable and pipework for the shower, once this is done I was planning on dot & dabbing some plasterboard up and tiling onto that board.

What I specifically need to know is the following:
  • Will dot & dab plasterboard be sufficient to hold up the weight of the tiles? Not sure on the specific size & weight of each tile but approx. 30x30cm and maybe 1kg each.
    I will be tiling from floor to ceiling
  • What do I need to do to the plasterboard before tiling? i.e. Does it need sealant or any preparation?

Thanks in advance :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Need some advice - Bathroom shower wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB