UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss need some advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carl/diy beginn

Hi. I am tiling my mothers back kitchen. I'm tiling onto fresh plastered walls and been reading online that you need to use acrylic primer but when i have looked online for it on b&q nobody sells it so my question is can you get any primer or just one kind and where can i get it from.

and another question when you put adhesive onto back of a tile and after 24 hours should the adhesive on the back of the tile be crumbly and breaking away very easily or should it be rock solid on the tile.

Thanks be most grateful.

C

Carl/diy beginn

thanks for the replys is this primer any good from b&Q buildfix plaster primer 1k

if not then i will get the primer g one because they have a shop just down the road from me.

and its ready mixed adhesive but i have been reading that its soposed to be bad stuff and not liked by many tilers so now ill be getting a powderd adhesive more cheaper to.
we have had the adhesive for over a year now and think thats why it aint sticking to it but im not quite sure thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to need some advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.