Discuss neghbours bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MrSpoon

we've got a good bunch of neighbours on our little cul-de-sac and i felt sorry for my neighbour/friend of the fmaily when i got asked over to see if i could work my magic with his totally virus riddled pc, so after suggesting backing up his files and me virus checking them on another spare pc of mine, gave him the go ahead to format and re-install his operating system, which worked a treat and all is good untill i got a call a couple of days later asking if i can work my magic with his bathroom floor... quick briefing on the way up the stairs was it had been tiled 2 years ago and the tiler had been called back a couple of times to re-grout as it has all cracked on the main central tiles of the floor which immedietly suggested unstable floor and movement, so i said do you mind me having a butchers with my car key? so i gently wiggled a piece of loose grout out from between a tile that was joined to the doorway trim and it was actually cracked in half and lifted up without any effort at all! i laughed as i didn't know what else to say and he laughed also as he knew something was wrong, certainly was indeed! it was straight onto cheap crappy floorboard with literally 2/3mm wafer splinter type board :S the kind you get at the bottom of each cheap MFI desk of drawers, the adhesive didnt seem to have stuck to well to the board or the tile, i dont think ther was even any primer involved atall :huh2: nothing like a bodge job done eh! :whatchutalkingabout

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrSpoon

well after some long hard thought ive suggested that i rip the whole lot up, PVA the floor, then add some strips of newspaper, then some more PVA, then more newspaper...PVA.. etc, (paper mache style:thumbsup:) then using my strusty spork adhesive spreader (free from my pasta meal)
trellisspork.jpg

i shall lay a thin bed of Blue Star and lay 600 x 600 travertine and maybe accidentally spill multiple colours of paint all over the place, seal, maybe even use some black grout too :joker:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to neghbours bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB