Discuss Never done one of these - Help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

leafsta

Hi all,

swansea shower tray 1.jpg swansea shower tray 2.jpg

I have the above shower tray that I am about to install and have never done one with adjustable legs that cannot be accessed once the tray is in place on the floor (the sides are fixed - all in one tray). It is going onto 22mm wooden chipboard (i know this is not recommended practice but I have no control over this).

What is the best way to go about fitting one of these?

D

DHTiling

Stand the tray onto 18mm to 22mm ply , draw around it and then cut an inch or so in from the line so the ply is smaller than the tray.

Screw the ply down and then level the legs off that height.. it might take a few goes to get the legs level.. once level then stick the legs in situ with liquids nails or grip etc...

The drain can be accessed from a small cut out in the floor to allow connection once the tray is in situ..

L

leafsta

I normally fit the waste from above to eliminate the need for a cut out - is this not a good idea?

Cant quite grasp the levelling part being honest, once ive cut the ply and lied the tray onto the ply, then essentially i will have a gap of 18/22mm between the perimeter of the tray and the floor, is this still not enough room to do the levelling? Maybe I am relating this to levelling a bath - am I on the wrong lines?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Never done one of these - Help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB