Discuss Never fully trust a satnav in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

So picture the scene, I was working near the barbican centre ( London city center ) the other night, instead of taking the usual tomtom route I said go shortest route to see what it saved me, 10 miles, 04.ish a.m. result I thought, so, I was driving along, the road got wider and the houses bigger, I mean huge, it was foggy and I was taking my time, I stopped for a red light and noticed a cop car behind me, I pulled off only to be stopped by the cops. I jumped out of the van to talk to the copper who had got out.

Him, not a great thing to do
Me, no idea what you mean
Him, you shouldn't be here
Me, I thought something was wrong as the houses were huge and the road was as wide as the M1 and red
Him, houses son, houses, see that house there behind you
Me, turning around, yes
Him, that's Buckingham palace.
Me, shine a light

A few checks and explanations later I was on my way, sorry Pete if you get a knock on the door lol

No idea how I got there but I was on the royal park / grounds or whatever he called it, at daft o'clock in the morning in a van, within a stones throw ( really ) of HRH's 'house'

Moral of the story, check the route given by so called navigation systems lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Never fully trust a satnav in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
thought I would share a little dream I had with you guys. was out shopping and saw the new guy...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
O
After coming out of a prospective customer house last week I spied a bloke I used know across...
Replies
Views
Hi all i did job last year it was about 100 metres of 600x600 porcelain from porcelanosa in a...
Replies
Views
P
hahhahahahahahaaa.......... I nearly wet myself!!! there is a bloke on this site I am on called...
Replies
Views
Protilers
P
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB