Discuss never had this happen before.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I did a kitchen wall job a lot of yrs ago , wifey chose tiles whilst hubby was working away .

I was just washing off when hubs came home , after a few mins he came into the kitch to see how things were going , took one look at tiles and then went back to his wife and all hell broke loose :lol:

He then came back , said take them off , I will pay you twice , j was gutted having to rip them back off.

Somerset
I love customers too. Never been asked to remove tiles, but I was refurbing a bathroom - lower half tiled with brickbond white, upper half painted with Farrow and Ball's finest. The "wife" returned home and looked in after I had finished the painting and told me the paint was the wrong colour. Turns out her husband had mixed up her instructions - woodwork colour became wall colour and vice versa. At £56 a litre that's an expensive mistake - I repainted it too .... at extra cost of course :8:

J

jonnyc

i did a job on moors somewhere outside sheffield many years ago.
wife went on holiday and husband decided to rip kitchen and floor out and redo before she came back as surprise.
i laid a genuine reclaimed jerusalem floor which at that time was about £ 400.00 per square mt plus my exorbitant fixing costs plus new smallbone kitchen.
she came back slightly earlyas we were applying last seal and flipped her lid.
we ran out the house and left the husband to his fate.
it was pretty scary

G

Gazzer

i did a job on moors somewhere outside sheffield many years ago.
wife went on holiday and husband decided to rip kitchen and floor out and redo before she came back as surprise.
i laid a genuine reclaimed jerusalem floor which at that time was about £ 400.00 per square mt plus my exorbitant fixing costs plus new smallbone kitchen.
she came back slightly earlyas we were applying last seal and flipped her lid.
we ran out the house and left the husband to his fate.
it was pretty scary

Obviously not a good holiday then ?

Had a client do the same before xmas. 100mts in a large kitchen/conservatory. 600x400 classic trav filled and honed laid b/b. Laid 60mts and all was fine, lady kept looking in and loving it over 4 days. Got a crying phone call 4th night. She hates it and cant live with it (even tho her sister has the same and shes copying as she likes it so much!)
Take it up and change it to a random brick bond. Same tile, same setting out point. Obviously couldn't save the tiles and had to latex the entire area to get a new level playing field. Luckily her husband was away on a business/golf trip with the Glazers!
Extra £4k and a promise to not to tell him. Thanks very much

O

On one

Yep, had it happen to many years ago. The architect had chosen the kitchen splashback tiles when the lady customer was unable to pick them because of illness. Let my self in,started tiling away,mid morning she comes down,didn't like them........off they came!
ME AND MY BIG GOB....that's twice now....a customer from last thursday has just rang up and said can I take her 100mm x 50mm travertine kitchen splashback off.......''it doesn't go with her granite worktop''!!!!!!...oh deary me!
Hey ho...more work for me.

tiled a kitchen walls today, customer came in just as I was finishing, said I hate it...:yikes: not the tiling, but the tiles she bought, she paid me for the job, then by the time I had got home she rang to book me in to retile it, her husbands going to take them all off again...:lol:...really do wonder about some folks..lol

From a retailers point of view......i think this happens a hell of a lot!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to never had this happen before.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I really need some sound advice as I’m well out of my depth. We have a little second home with...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB