Discuss New Bathroom Project in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Chattaway

Hi,
I am after some advice please. I'm intending to retile the whole bathroom, floor and walls, then place the bath, sink and boxed in floating toilet on top of the tiles, rather then affixing to the floor and walls directly and just tiling what is viewable. I will then tile over the toilet box. Is this way just a waste of tiles or is there some benefit to full tiling the walls and floor before installing the rest of the bathroom.

D

Dkdc71

Hi paul welcome
I am only after finishing tiling my own bathroom with great advice from this site I am a plumber I tiled the walls then fit the bath and had to do cuts just around the bath just got floor finished earlier will fit the toilet and basin when set I always stick the toilet in to the tiles rather then drilling through a tanked floor seen guys drilling a tanked floor creating a weak point its a no,- brainer hope that helps you and best of luck with your bathroom

P

Paul Chattaway

thank for both the repolies and advice.

So yeah it wraps up a few inches at least, i've done all the walls and floor in thermopanel, taped the gaps, corners etc. then mapegum across all the floor and around the gaps and edges where I taped on the walls. Bath and sink etc won't be a problem on top of the tiles, but the toilet is a floating toilet on a frame, so the bolts on that frame, even on tile, will not doubt break the seal of my tanking, which will be difficult to repair the if the tile is already down. I'm leaning towards putting the toilet frame down through the tanking membrane, re-tanking around the bolts and the feet of the frame, tile around this on the floor, then box it in.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Bathroom Project in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've bought what I thought were floor tiles for my bathroom. They are 600 x 300 x 8.5mm ceramic...
Replies
Views
Ceramike
C
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB