UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss new build in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

philipb

Hi guys,
Just wanted a bit of advise,got a new build to do,two en suites and a bathroom.
All the rooms are going to be tiled with porcelain tiles,and the rooms have wet underfloor heating.
They are all upstairs and at the moment no flooring or boards are down just joists,which
have noggins in.I have read a few threads about 24mm ply and decoupling membrane.
Also 18mm ply and backer boards,glued and screwed,also any extra preperation regarding the
wet heating.Its a robbens system which is under the floor between the joists supported
on brackets.Also any thoughts on the material for the walls,one of the en suites has a wet
floor shower area.thanks in advance.

Regarding your floor, Im almost certain that your cement boards will not allow the heat to rise as much as possible. I would be happy to lay 24mm WPB ply and lay a decoupling membrane down such as Duralbase C++ from PHG Wetrooms. He will give you a good price. That or Ditra will suffice.

As for your wet room walls, cement boards will be required for the job. These can also be sourced from PHG Wetrooms. ------>>> TF sponsor.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new build in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.