Guest viewing is limited

Discuss New Dabbler Introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alex Fthenakis

Hi folks,
Thanks for having me. Thought I should introduce myself before I go start a couple threads related to my current dilemma.

I'm pretty good at a lot of things, but tiling is totally new to me - it's a byproduct of becoming a homeowner. Did my first repair job over the summer (with thanks to some things I found on this forum). Perhaps I'll share the photos/story at some point.

Woodwork is more my thing - I grew up around my grandparents' cabinetmaking shop and have spent a few years working as a scenic carpenter to a relatively high standard on (theatre/film/TV scenery, museum displays, tradeshow exhibits, etc.) I don't do it much anymore and I don't have access to a workshop either, but given the right resources I could still do most joinery projects to an acceptable trade-level standard.

Along the way I also picked up lots of other bits and pieces - I know enough to be dangerous in painting, plumbing, electrical, and rigging. But until the summer I was a tiling virgin. And I think when I can afford to I'll probably still pay a professional to do my tiling. But I enjoy learning and I like to be able to do things right when I do them. So I'm here. And now I'm away to the tiling forum to figure out how big a mess I'm currently in!

Thanks,
Alex

Reply to New Dabbler Introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond