Currently reading:
New discoloured grout

Discuss New discoloured grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tresco

Hi All,

Just tiled a bathroom floor and grouted in cream, just as I was about to seal the grout the clumsy plumber spilled dirty water over a third of the floor which has discoloured some of the grout.

I've cleaned it with Grimex, (even tried it neat), but no difference, I don't really want to dig it out and re-grout - there's an under floor heat mat and I'm bound to nick the thing!

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of a cream grout pen over the lot and then sealing or just scrape off the top of the discoloured grout and regrout those areas? concerned that if I do the latter a thin layer may not bond?

Be grateful for your thoughts..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New discoloured grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new here, a hobbyist DIY'er, and try to learn the correct and smart ways to tackle...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.