Discuss New Makita Multi Tool in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Well I've been buying Ryobi one + cordless tools for last couple years.
Yeah was unsure when I first got one, very sceptical.
Reason was I wanted an impact driver, their impact driver, whilst a little heavier than others, is half as powerful again!
With a 18v 4Ah battery is unstoppable! Drives anything!
Then bought a combi drill on offer with 2 4Ah batteries giving me a combi an impact and 3 4Ah batteries all for less than £300
And I've just bought the multi tool for about £70 naked!
It's very well balanced with a battery, good work light and one snazzy feature, the head detaches and can be turned through 90 or 180 degrees so the battery and body can be turned away from the cutter allowing access to more awkward areas.
They have a 5Ah battery out this yr too, may already be out, dunno tbh!
All three units are very reliable and the batteries have a kick like a mule!
I'm pleased with them and they don't break the bank!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've always used ryobi. Found their newer models lost s bit if the quality compared to their predecessors. However, like @3_fall I too have the impact driver and IMO it's the best one on the market. Super powerful.
My grinders are makita but prior I had the old model 240v grinder and again it was awesome. Lasted me 13 years I think.

Back on topic. I have the worx multitool. It's ok. Robust and apparently has the same guts as the bosch. Although that maybe a rumour.

Need to invest some readies into my tool collection soon.

S

StevieBoy

I've got a Bosch electric one which works fine, but have been thinking about getting a Makita cordless one, saves running leads to where you need to be etc.

Even thought about fitting a power inverter to my van, and plugging the charger to that so you always have a battery charged - but someone told me never to plug a charger for one into a petrol generator as it destroys them, does anyone know if the power inverter would be ok or does anyone have one in their van / car?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Makita Multi Tool in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB