Discuss New marble mosaic on wall is very patchy and dirtier than before it went up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrjameskent

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I've just had my bathroom completed and have small marble Carrara (I believe) mosaic tiles up.

Before they went on the wall they were quite bright and clean looking; since being installed they seem dirty and hazy in patches which I put down to grout hazing.

However I am slightly worried as the installer mixed sealers - my fault as the first product I bought ran out and the second product was HG Marble Impregnator.

As you can see from the pictures, the grout seems to have been affected as well with some areas darker than others.

hazed 3 far.jpg

hazed tiles 2.jpg

Here is a shot of one area before it had been sealed after grouting:
DSC_0009.jpg

Same area after final sealing:
hazed tiles.jpg

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards
James

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

Meta creme is made by DRYTREAT.The world’s most environmentally and technologically advanced impregnating sealer. META CRÈME™ is the next generation of sealing technology, the ultimate invisible and breathable impregnating sealer for protecting natural stone, tiles, masonry, pavers, concrete and grout.
('META' definition: change; transformation; at a higher stage of development)
Dry-Treat-15-Year-Warranty.jpg
MetaCremeSm.jpg

BENEFITS

• Super penetrating and permanent
  • Retains natural colour and finish of the surface
  • Superior stain protection – super oil and water repellence
  • Deep liquid repellent barrier protects against efflorescence, picture framing, spalling and freeze-thaw damage
  • Low odour, non-drip cream. Ultra low VOC, exceeds USA, UK and WORLD Green Building Council standards.
  • Easy, one-coat application.
  • Makes cleaning easier and keeps surface looking new for longer; controls moss and mildew growth
  • Fully breathable - water vapour escapes freely, helping to avoid harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material
  • Treated areas are food contact safe
  • 15 YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY available when applied by a Dry-Treat Accredited Applicator

TYPICAL APPLICATIONS

META CRÈME™ is ideal for indoor / outdoor use on kitchens, bathrooms, entertainment areas, pool surrounds, patios, countertops, floors, walls, building facades, and for public / commercial areas.

SEAL FOR LIFE - environmental credentials

This environmentally responsible, low VOC sealer makes cleaning easier so you use less cleaning chemicals.
META CRÈME™ is LEED compliant - exceeds USA, UK and WORLD Green Building Council standards. Compliant with EU VOC Directives 2004/42/CE and 1999/13/EC and Environmental Protection Department Hong Kong SAR Government 2007 Regulations.

SUITABLE SURFACES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):

basaltgroutsaltillobluestonegranitesandstonebricklimestoneslatecement pavers marbleterracottaclay paverspolished porcelainterrazzoconcrete paversquarry tilestravertineconcretequartz

Reply to New marble mosaic on wall is very patchy and dirtier than before it went up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New marble mosaic on wall is very patchy and dirtier than before it went up
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.