Discuss New new newiness! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Angel da Silva

Hello all

Pretty new, joined to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can about tiling when I was working in Topps Tiles.
I've lurked about but never really posted anything til today.

I no longer work at Topps, left back in August 2014, won't bore you with the details why.I then went to work at Ceramica Tiles for 6 months and now I've recently started working at Castle Wood Floors - no more tiles!
But I still cant help myself bringing tiling into any conversation with customers the moment they mention it haha

I've got more to learn than to give but I thought I should say my hello and get it out there finally :D
So...Hey!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hello all

Pretty new, joined to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can about tiling when I was working in Topps Tiles.
I've lurked about but never really posted anything til today.

I no longer work at Topps, left back in August 2014, won't bore you with the details why.I then went to work at Ceramica Tiles for 6 months and now I've recently started working at Castle Wood Floors - no more tiles!
But I still cant help myself bringing tiling into any conversation with customers the moment they mention it haha

I've got more to learn than to give but I thought I should say my hello and get it out there finally :D
So...Hey!!
Welcome aboard.

I did a stint at Topps Tiles. Ended up *** Manager at Shrewsbury :D :D :D

Enjoyed it at the Newcastle Under Lyme branch. Hated the jaunt to Shrewsbury. And it was a massive store in comparison. They're a weird bunch up there. lol ;)

Enjoyed it at the Newcastle Under Lyme branch. Hated the jaunt to Shrewsbury. And it was a massive store in comparison. They're a weird bunch up there. lol ;)

I didnt know you worked at Newcastle Dan.......I remember coming there with Dave "Clicker" Price (area manager) and meeting Mo!

Well, you have to start somewhere, and topps gave me 2 yrs at the start of my tile tiling life, 22 yrs later and im still doing it!

Ps welcome to the forum Angel, the forum as always been a good knowledge bank for me.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I didnt know you worked at Newcastle Dan.......I remember coming there with Dave "Clicker" Price (area manager) and meeting Mo!

Well, you have to start somewhere, and topps gave me 2 yrs at the start of my tile tiling life, 22 yrs later and im still doing it!

Ps welcome to the forum Angel, the forum as always been a good knowledge bank for me.
Dave Price, used to call him Grim Reeper. Always wore his long coat and people would go white when they saw him as they usually hadn't done something he told them to do. Had Coffee 1 sugar. lol Really nice bloke actually but used to scare the shyte out of me.

Mo I see annually usually but haven't seen him for a while. He's doing really well.

Worked at Newcastle Topps for a good few years. Phil was manager, Andy Hansen assistant manager, Dave (one of the twins, the other worked at Scota Road branch) the sticky fingers and me as general staff.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New new newiness! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB