Discuss New PC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

BoldreChris

I generally buy small HP units from Misco with Windows 7 pre-loaded. Avoid Windows 8 unless you've got a proper touchscreen. Try to get at least a Core-i3 processor, Core-i5 preferably so that it will remain good enough to use for at least 5 years. No need for any special graphics cards if you don't game or stream HD movies.

Load Firefox as your internet browser (unless you prefer another one) and AVG Free as your anti-virus. Then you're good to go. Oh, and if you're already running Windows XP or later, you can use the "transfer my PC" utility to move all your personal stuff onto the new one (Internet bookmarks, passwords, emails, etc...).

Here's an example of what I supply to my customers...

HP Pro 4300 Small Form Factor PC / Intel Core i5-3470S / 4GB / 500GB / Windows 7 Professional / 3 Year Warranty - www.misco.co.uk

Very reliable, not stupidly expensive and good enough for most home and small business uses. 3 year warranty is a must with any new PC, in my opinion.

S

steve187

if you are up to a bit of tinkering why not reuse your case, harddrive etc. and buy a motherboard bundle, which consists of a motherboard, processor and memory. ie i3 asus motherboard with onboard graphics, processor and 8gb memory from £130 at maplins, an i5 bundle from £280, a fresh install of windows 7 may well be needed

the i3 bundle would give your computer a big boost from a cpu passmark of 1488 ( old machine ) to 3618 ( higher is better) and a ranking of 323 against your old machine of 816 ( lower is better)

the i5 would raise those figures to 6613 and 111

other companies do the bundles

all the best

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New PC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB