UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New Queen cover - Tile Your Marble Down (groan...) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

parsonl

TF
Hi Everyone.

Been meaning to do this for ages so, eventually, here we go.

I'd done the odd bit of home tiling but never attempted anything serious until we got a quote for a 75 sq metre floor in a French house. French workers are well known for having a laugh (at our expense usually) but this one was taking the proverbial. So I saved myself a ton of euros and went to the DIY School in Stockport for a four day tiling course to make sure I had the basics right. With the confidence gained from the course I then went and laid the whole floor, opus romana style, without any major ****-ups. In fact, it wasn't half bad at all! There was no stopping me then - I went on to do two bathrooms and a kitchen. Thing is it's easy to do your own tiling but it's such pressure to do it for a stranger who's paying you. I've done a couple of things for friends but that's as far as I think I'll go.

I actually contacted the forum for the first time last summer to ask if anyone could suggest a way of removing a tile sealer called Rubinet which I’d bought in France. It left my brand new marble floor with what looked like sticky patches. It was applied evenly but looked like it had dried unevenly. A second coat on a single tile made no difference. I tried a couple of things with no success. So, I’m back there next week to resume recovery treatment.

While I’m here, I don’t suppose anyone has experience of using Lithofin to remove tile sealer do they? It’s been recommended but I need to ensure it will work OK.

So there we have it, introduction over. Oh, yeah, I live in Liverpool, took early retirement and my wife keeps telling me to advertise for tiling work. I keep reminding her it takes years to reach a professional standard but, no, she’s a woman and so she must be right. Sound familiar?

Cheers.

Len

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Queen cover - Tile Your Marble Down (groan...) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.