UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New Shower Under Stairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Boardrider

Hi guys, this is my first post ever on the web so please be gentle?

I intend on installing a new 1200 x 900 designer shower in my toilet under the stairs. The room is approx 2.6m long by 1.8m wide. The floor is pine tongue and groove and I would like to install some 600 x 300mm floor tiles with may be underfloor heating. I would like to keep the floor level to a minimum, but by reading the forum it appears that I should use 18mm wbp ply fixed every 300mm. Then use Dura-wp to tank the floor and then install underfloor heating from someone like u-heat.

The shower will have one brick and plaster wall and two studwork and plasterboard walls. I would like to tank the shower with Dura-wp. Do I need to prime the plasterboard and does the Dura-wp come in a kit with everything that I would need. The shower wall area is about 8m squared.

I would like to know what sealers/primers and adhesives I would need and how much to order to complete the job. I'm a competent d.i.y enthusiast and for my sins an electrician....

Do you know roughly how much the floor level will rise by when completed? I take it that I should not lay the dura-wp system straight on the pine T&G floor boards and then install the ufh and the floor tiles?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Shower Under Stairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.