Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss New Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

DN1986

Hi all,

Long time reader but first time poster.

Im relatively new to tiling and just setting up on my own. Ive used a couple of manual tile cutters in the past but now im going to be doing work for customers (not family and friends) I want to make sure I invest in a suitable tile cutter.

Im sure this thread will spark much debate on brands etc but what I really want to find from your opinions is...

Im just starting out so dont have an endless pit of money :) please bare this in mind
I want a cutter can cover most jobs (i.e large format tiles and strong materials such as porcelain.)

Any input is much appreciated

Danny

Hi Danny, welcome aboard, the TS40 would probably not be ideal. tile formats are getting bigger all the time, it's not uncommon now to be fixing 600x600mm and 600x300mm porc tiles in households now, as Bri has said, the big clincker for an all rounder or the TX700 for a safe bet, you could do with a smaller cutter as well and the TS40 you've seen is one, of course there are other makes / brands / models.

D

DN1986

Thanks Alan.

This is the Big Clinker ive tracked down on ScrewFix @ £110.

Suitable for cutting wall, floor and quarry tiles up to 610mm in size. Features height-adjustable 5-position wheel for snapping anywhere along tile and adjustable measuring guide for accurate repeat cuts.

• Linear Ball-Bearing Slides
  • 5-Position Wheel
  • High Leverage Handle
Specifications:
Max. tile size 610mm². Max. tile thickness 18mm. Max. tile size for diagonal cut 457mm²

Have you any recommendations on a small cutter that is a little less expensive tha the TS40?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigma do a nice small one, can't remember the model but iirc cuts up to 300mm they do larger models as well, also a low budget cutter is the Genesis, but, you get what you pay for, if you stretch the extra few quid now for the TS40 it will last you years and years, I mean a looooooooooong time. if you can pick and choose your jobs and all your jobs are going to be small format then go with the TS40, make money from it and when you need to upgrade you can, but that's in an ideal world.

M

Mike

Yeah the TS40 is down from from £215 to £148 in ScrewFix so might go with that for the time being. If a job comes up requiring a large format cut, i'll have to speculate to accumulate!
the ts 40 will only be good for ceramics and soft porcelain, you'd be better off with the big clinker which i've seen many good reviews on here for or alternatively a mate of mine is selling a barely used monti masterpuima 63 p2 , the last i knew he wanted a £100 for it but you'd need to pay postage on that too

D

DHTiling

A TS40 will cut porcs but will struggle on riven porcs... I have had one for many many years and still going strong... but a movable breaker like the clinker or TX etc is the better choice for all round machine.

I managed many years with a TS60 on larger tiles before upgrading to a TX.. it is all in the snapping action technique.. fast sharp snaps will work on harder tiles..with the TS series..

Just my take on it..:)

J

JLM Tiling

Alright mucker, some chap called riggers has been trying to sell a ts40 on here for £100. Pick up only but don't know where he lives. Or you for that matter! It's under 'whats new' and was 3 days ago. Could be worth checking out. Do think the 40 is a touch on the small size. My first cutter was a ts 60 plus, figured it could cut big tiles as well as small ones. Gonna get something smaller soon though cos it's a pain in a small kitchen. One day, saving for a D24000 first. Now that's a tool to get excited about!! Good luck to you in your endeavours chap, you're in good hands with the guys and girls on here

Reply to New Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New Tile Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%