Discuss New Tiler Looking For On-the-job Training And Possible Employment in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi I am a self employed roof tiler by trade of over 11 years looking to becoming a wall/floor tiler.
I looking for somebody to work with to train me for a few weeks then hopefully work with that person/company thereafter.
I have a cscs sssts asbestos awareness etc willing to travel work away. I live in Barry south wales.

PM me if you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have asked a local company who work on new build site s and they basically said you would have to start a apprenticeship at £150 A week and work towards the nvq level 2 .I couldnt live of that wage because of 3 kids and a wife. Im hoping I would pick it up quickly using similar principles from roofing. But that was it so far Dan

L

Luis Franco

That's nor fair, 30 pounds a day even for an apprentice.
There are tilers earning more than 150 pounds a day easy and just because they have the responsibility.
And the apprentice? who mix the adhesive, make the cuts,grout,clean all the mess bring the tiles to the tiler...doesn't he work hard?
Only deserves 30 pounds a day... is that fair?
I know you are going to learn but you don't deserve just that amount of money, good luck for you.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's nor fair, 30 pounds a day even for an apprentice.
There are tilers earning more than 150 pounds a day easy and just because they have the responsibility.
And the apprentice? who mix the adhesive, make the cuts,grout,clean all the mess bring the tiles to the tiler...doesn't he work hard?
Only deserves 30 pounds a day... is that fair?
I know you are going to learn but you don't deserve just that amount of money, good luck for you.
The tiler on 150 a day has been there and done that though. We all have to start off.

An apprentice will cost the tiler in time. He can't then share his wage too.

That said, it happens and the right firm can be a godsend and help with everything you need to complete the NVQ quickly.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Tiler Looking For On-the-job Training And Possible Employment in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed a short tiling course at the DIY school in Stockport. I am looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
To tiling contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls...
Replies
Views
A
Hello all I’m looking for any help I can get I really want to start a new career in tiling I...
Replies
Views
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB