UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss new tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jon r

Hi, i am trying to get into the tiling trade ( very early stages) have been doing some researching on tile cutters and have come up with two brands being Rubi and Sigma, i think i prefer the sigma from utube clips i've seen, dont know if i can make a decision just on this basis or not. But if this is good then i have seen a series 2 63cm which looks really nice, but then there is series 3, and then there is klick klock. So can anybody please tell me are these good brands for a beginer, and if they are, series 2 or 3 and how big. Sorry for the confusing question but any info from the pro's would be invalid. Many thanks, Jon

C

charlie1

Hi Jon R, I have owned both rubi and sigma, sigma is better in some ways and rubi better in others but its all about how you get to know your tools and master there potential. To answer your question though, no, they are certainly not good brands for a beginer!! Dont spend anymore than 100 on your first dry cutter and 60 on your wet cutter, I would suggest eithere the genesis 600 of big clinker. For your wet cutter just get a cheap plasplugs. what you need to remember is the quality of your tiling will overwelmlingly be dictated by your experience, not your tools....tools only improove your work when you reach a certain standard and as you say, your a beginer! One thing i would spend your cash on though is a good laser level!

J

jon r

I have worked as a labourer for a friend when i was unemployed in a nursing home tiling several bathrooms and then went on to do my parents and then my own, but apart from that very little experience. Thank you for the advice on not buying expensive brands first off, as i was very close to getting the sigma 3bk klick klock!! Can you recomed any sites to buy from? I have looked at laser sites, but admit that was'nt high on my list, can you recomend one?

G

Gazzer

I have worked as a labourer for a friend when i was unemployed in a nursing home tiling several bathrooms and then went on to do my parents and then my own, but apart from that very little experience. Thank you for the advice on not buying expensive brands first off, as i was very close to getting the sigma 3bk klick klock!! Can you recomed any sites to buy from? I have looked at laser sites, but admit that was'nt high on my list, can you recomend one?

Tradetiler.com Home is your one stop tiling tools shop.

S

Spud

both brands of cutters are extremely good its like comparing a ferrari and an aston martin ,both wonderful cars so it comes down to which suits you better and what type of work you will be doing the most often to be honest on standard format ceramic wall tiling I still think the rubi TS cutter is hard to beat whereas on grade 5 large format porcelain I think that sigma slightly edge it but that doesn't mean that The rubi tx is not a great machine it is a superb cutter its only on tile sizes greater than 100cm where the difference is really noticeable and at the moment the sigma 3 ek and sigma 3 em do out perform the equivalent rubi tx 1200 and tx 1200n

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
A
hi all! I wondered if I could get some opinions on somethings? Firstly, I am looking to buy a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys & Girls Iv been tiling for just over two years now. Needed a career change after years...
Replies
Views
dbstiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.