Discuss new tiler in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceramicknight

hi all,
my name is carl im a 42yr old married man living in the bolton area greater manchester, i am new to the forum and new to the tiling trade, around 5 months ago i decided i wanted a change in my working carear and decided to undertake a tiling course with the construction skills college in stoke, tiling is always something that has interested me and after doing numerous manual jobs decided i wanted to do something that would give me more job satisfaction, i completed the course and gained 4 city and guilds units,since the course i have done quite a few jobs for family and friends and a few paid jobs, ive made mistakes along the way as i guess everybody does when first starting out but i corrected them and learned from them, what i am looking for is more experience and to work with a more experienced tiler to learn new skills and techniques i am a confident person in general and need someone willing to give me a chance and a helping hand along the way if that makes sence? like i say im not a complete novice but wish to be doing it on a daily basis so i can learn more and work on picking my speed up and a few tricks of the trade,obviousley with having a family i would prefer for any work to be paid but im also willing to work for free to gain that valuable experience i would much rather be getting my hands dirty than sat on my backside twiddling my thumbs so to speak, if anyone thinks they might have an opportunity please message me im available anytime have my own transport and tools and cant wait to get started.
many thanks in advance much obliged carl. p.s. great forum by the way!!

C

ceramicknight

Hi &:welcome: Carl
As we all make mistakes anyone who can admit this is ok in my book.
Good luck in finding work, why not post some pics of your work?

i will do when i get something worth posting lol, ive got some of the jobs ive done so far but nothing to shout home about and only small jobs to be honest, i have been looking at some of the work done by members on here and to be honest im not in the same league as these guys but hope to be one day:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new tiler in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just wondering if any tilers in the Manchester area are looking for anybody to take on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB