Discuss new victorian tile instalation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

These floors were originally laid with sand and cement which is why they look so flat.
I don't lay many of these, but i always make sure i get the floor properly prepared with leveling compound, it could take 2 goes just to get it perfect, but it makes the job look so much better, Mapei Renovation Screed is a great leveling compound.
Some guys prefer to use rapid setting adhesive, i prefer standard (slow), it just makes the job easier.
If you have an area that you can see from the bathroom floor it's also worth laying out a section of floor and pattern, (if it's a complicated pattern) just so you can refer how it looks.
As the guys say above dry lay some areas, it's worth taking your time and thinking about how it will all come together, it's worth it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new victorian tile instalation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hiya, I am in the process of preparing a concrete floor in my mum's house for tiling, and have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was thinking about getting my front garden path laid with mosaic original style tiles...
Replies
Views
I have problem and would like some help or advice. We have a victorian home in Saint John NB...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB