UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New Weber grout ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have a floor to grout today and client chose Mapei 112 grey grout or similar. Well I have been given some Weber grout to try so before jumping in I did a colour sample swatch. I also tried 2 other manufacturers that i had in stock. The Weber was a close a match as you could get and would possibly be perfect. The other 2 were too dark.....the problem is that these samples were mixed at 3.30pm on Monday....its now 7.11am Tuesday and the Weber is still soft....so soft that you could mould it into a ball easily.

Anyone else having this issue ? the other grouts are hard and were within 2- 3 hours . The grouts are in a normal temperature house so it cant be an issue there.

G

Gazzer

Well I have spoke to Weber and they will be testing the contents of the bag .
As I said a sample was mixed in a bucket and left to set. 25 hours later its still damp and I am able to still crumble any of the mix to a soft paste.
I do agree that if put in a tile joint it would help to set but I am not filled with confidence at this time. As for 5 hour setting times, thats no good for me in the areas I work. i used Mapei again today and will do until something comes along to better it at a reasonable price and availability.

D

DHTiling

Well I have spoke to Weber and they will be testing the contents of the bag .
As I said a sample was mixed in a bucket and left to set. 25 hours later its still damp and I am able to still crumble any of the mix to a soft paste.
I do agree that if put in a tile joint it would help to set but I am not filled with confidence at this time. As for 5 hour setting times, thats no good for me in the areas I work. i used Mapei again today and will do until something comes along to better it at a reasonable price and availability.

25 hrs afterwards and still not hard...?

Something deffo needs checking Neale.. Yes it will set quicker in 2mm or 3mm joints but grout sets by chemical hydration, so it should set in the bucket no probs at all..

Let us know what is said and the results of any tests done.

G

Gazzer

25 hrs afterwards and still not hard...?

Something deffo needs checking Neale.. Yes it will set quicker in 2mm or 3mm joints but grout sets by chemical hydration, so it should set in the bucket no probs at all..

Let us know what is said and the results of any tests done.

Will do Dave, I must say that I was most disappointed :thumbsdown:

I could scrape the grout out of this bucket and easily mould it into a ball.

S

Stef

Glad that you got it sorted neale, i have been using weber grout for about 6 weeks now in all different colours with no problems, I do however find that the matching silicone to be extremely thin and rather messy.

chris

I spoke to the guys up at the Hampden trade show & they told me that the weber silicone was getting made by Dow Corning.
I havent used it yet but i thought it would be a good 1 as DC were making it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Weber grout ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
New Weber grout !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.