UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New website in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileform

Its not finished, dont put a web site up thats not finished ie under construction and always put your full contact details. home address etc

I haven't promoted this website yet and wont do so fully until its completed. I've published it now to get some feedback from the guys on here who's opinions i value

As for home address - i was advised not to put it on cos thieves look for details like this! On my contact page i will be stating that my address can be supplied if people need to write to me

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd either scrap the intro or have a text link leading to your main website bit. The search engine 'spiders' can't follow flash links so they'll not manage to get in to or read your main part of the website - therefore you'd be limiting the amount of hits you get to it through the natural search engine listings.

Other than that I like it. It's all personal preference really. Make sure you're saying 'tiler in xxxxx' loads of times in it (not loads but at least in your pages somewhere) as I couldn't find the area's you cover - or where you're based.

I'd talk about the services you provide a bit too. Plenty of text and fresh unique content will serve you and your visitors well - and the search engines love fresh content as much as me, so they'll consider that when working out where to list you.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes it looks good but as I always say content is king.

You need to state WHAT the site is for. WHO you are WHERE you are and WHY you are online.

Tailored Tiling solutions provide ????? are aimed at ????.

Have a look at the website I did for GMTOOLS. It tells the visitor the purpose of the site, and what they can gain from it.

http://gmtools.co.uk/

And you should write about yourself in the third person: See their example and as Dan says remember the key words are picked up by SE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With 40 years experience in the Extrusion blowmould industry GMTools are a long established UK business offering a full design, construction, delivery and after sales service for any type of moulds using state of the art CAD/CAM software and modern machinery to a customer base throughout the world.
Set-Up in partnership with Andrew Goodman and Albert his Father, the business is located in Pindar Road industrial area of Hoddesdon.
Enabling clients to view cad designs of requirements in real time, the company supplies detailed and accurate drawings with a tailored design service for each client. Using state of the art computers, machinery and expert craftsmen your mould production is designed to meet a high level of quality, detail and after sales backup.
The company is family owned and run by Andrew Goodman who has been focussing on the Mechanical Engineering market for many years and is able to offer very technical advice. With over 13 fully qualified tradesmen and women, G M Tools has a professional team, qualified in all aspects of design and manufacturing. G M Tools has a network of clients, based globally, including private clients.

C

CLAYS TILES

i havnt got my address on website and no one asks me for it, its on my paperwork thats all, dont even put home number on website as get hassle calls from internet directories, mobile only

theres loads of ****e on my site mate if u wanna borrow any help yerself

andy
thats a nice website you've got there, i might borrow some myself,thanks for the email m8!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New website in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.