Discuss Newbie advice req'd - waterproof shower/bath walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr.Moo

Hi all,
First post, so please be gentle :smilewinkgrin:
I'm about to tile above our new shower/bath and was looking for some advice as to how to prepare and waterproof the walls.
Have scoured these forums, I see that aquaboarding and/or tanking might be the way forward.
I've attached a photo as I've got one wall to be boarded, and the other is plastered brickwork.
I have bought aquaboard from Wickes to cover in the mixer controller on the stud wall, but what should I do with the brick wall? How do I seal from aquaboard to plastered wall?
Any recommendations for a waterproof adhesive? I have used tubbed Nicobond so far in non wet areas. Is the Nico Aqua Ultragrip a good choice I should I use a powdered adhesive around the shower end of the bath?
The tiles are travertine tiles so will pick the most solid tiles I can round that area and all are sealed after tiling with enhancer. The grout I was using (as recommended by my tile supplier - and it does look good!) is limestone ultra flex joint which says its suitable for power showers, swimming pools etc so assume is good enough grout.
Thanks in advance.
IMAG0333.jpg

Reply to Newbie advice req'd - waterproof shower/bath walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Newbie advice req'd - waterproof shower/bath walls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.