Discuss Newbie question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

barclay1406

Hi guys and gals,

im after some advise if someone would be so kind.....Im new to the tiling game and am trying to decide which adhesive would be the best to use. I have tiled 2 bathrooms and a kitchen using powdered Mapai rapid set and using the buttering on the tile method rather then putting the adhesive stright onto the wall and spreading it about. however, although i am a novice i feel like im taking a long time to complete a job, 20sq meters in 4 days and today it took me all day to tile a shower cubicle and a bit more so.....

My question is, being a beginner is it wise to use normal setting adhesive (not rapid set) and is it generally quicker and easier to spread the adhesive on the wall first then place your tile? What is everyone elses preferred method of putting tiles on the wall?

Also would normal adhesive be easier to spread on a wall than rapid set, although does it not make any difference as it all depends on the consistency when im knocking it up??? (probably just answered my own question there really but just want to know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is my first post here in an amazing forum where I have learned so much. I've used SLC a...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Ive done some research which has confused me more than when I started reading. So...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB