Discuss Newbie requiring some help. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

saab9002

Hi All, I've just found this site and hope someone can help me out.
I tiled our bathroom approx 5 yrs ago, walls and floor, but some of the floor tiles have cracked and I need to lift the lot and replace the cracked ones, I'm not looking forward to doing it because I put an underfloor heating system below the tiles.
The biggest problem I've got is, I can't get any matching tiles, they were originally bought from KDP in Chandlers ford and they've told me the manufacturer has gone bust it was either in Spain or Italy.

The only info I've got on the tiles is :-
Hispano Azul Ceramica, Textile P, Celeste Floor, Size 33.3mm X 33.3mm
They are blue mottled and give the appearance of a cloudy blue sky.
If anyone has got any I would need 6 to repair the cracked ones but will buy up to 60 to re-do the whole floor.

If you can help ring me on 07811698505

thanks from Chris

S

saab9002

Hi John,
I've worked out why they cracked, it was my fault, I screwed down all the original (1966) floor boards and overlaid them with 9mm ply and over the years the joint has flexed and cracked some of the tiles.
The other problem is that they are the same colour and match the wall tiles, soI'm a bit stuck trying to find a compromise, SWMBO is suggesting white for a contrast and I reckon that's what we will end up with unless she can convince me to rip all the wall tiles down and start again; something I don't fancy !!
thanks for the help and advice, Chris

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Hi John,
I've worked out why they cracked, it was my fault, I screwed down all the original (1966) floor boards and overlaid them with 9mm ply and over the years the joint has flexed and cracked some of the tiles.
The other problem is that they are the same colour and match the wall tiles, soI'm a bit stuck trying to find a compromise, SWMBO is suggesting white for a contrast and I reckon that's what we will end up with unless she can convince me to rip all the wall tiles down and start again; something I don't fancy !!
thanks for the help and advice, Chris

How are you planning on rectifying the problem? I'm with everyone else; just go for another tile that compliments the existing wall tiles. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie requiring some help. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I've got a few tiles cracked in my kitchen and I'd like to replace them. Luckily I found...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Would be very grateful for any help identifying the manufacturer of these tiles, so...
Replies
Views
B
Total newbie to tiling. How flat is flat with regards to a floor? I have a small downstairs...
Replies
Views
ben209384234
B
delurks Hi, My late mother did an 'interesting' tiling job, and I now want to make it look a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB