Discuss Newbie seeking advice on tiling a Bathroom Please. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

D34NNO

HI,
I have just bought a house and have recently purchased a new bathroom suit and will be soon tiling the whole bathroom, so I'm just after some advice please.

The shower side wall is fully tiled and one wall 1/2 tiled.

I have seen a few videos on the internet on how to go about it, I have 300 x 300mm porcelain floor tiles ones for the floor and rough stone effect porcelain tiles for the wall same again 300 x 300mm.

One of the things I have seen is that 6mm plywood should be applied to floorboards screwed down every 150mm. is this correct? If this is correct what should I seal it with?

what is the best adhesive for floor tiles?
what is the best adhesive for the floor tiles going on the wall?

and do the wall tiles have to be slightly below the level of the bath?

sorry one more question, what are the best videos on the subject to watch?

Thanks in advance
Dean

B

bugs183

Hiya D.
There is plenty of info on here regarding the adhesives you'll need etc if you search, but honestly i'd get a few quotes off some tilers as it really isn't worth the agro doing it yourself. You may as well go to work and earn the dosh rather than spoil your weekends shouting at tiles you can't cut, and bent walls!! We're not being jobsworthy and making work for us, but any experienced tiler here would groan about fixing tiles like these, let alone a DIY'er.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie seeking advice on tiling a Bathroom Please. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB