Discuss Newbie tiling pics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lunac

View attachment 48751 View attachment 48753 View attachment 48752 20130121_113800.jpg View attachment 48754

Hi Guys,
Happy New Year to you all.

As promised I've uploaded some pics of the job that I've completed with the help of you guys here. I'm sure that it's far from a 'PRO' job, but the Missus and i are well pleased with it.

The tiles are 'Fired Earth' metropolitan. With your advice i purchased a 'wet tile cutter' and Screw-fix had an affordable Vitrex model.(impossible job without)
I decided on an 'off white grout,which had a touch of yellow in it,this i believe stopped it looking 'grid like' and gave a slight blend with the colour of the units.
It took me a lot of thought to work out how to 'set out', always trying for a balanced look.

When it came to grouting, I realized that this was not at all straight forward due to the beveled edge.
I scratched around my shed and found an old syringe, from my days as a maintenance engineer and presto. Mixed the grout as per the instructions and sucked it up.Then ran it into the gap,waited until it was a little 'off' and ran a moist sponge over.

Very pleased with the final result, although wasted a lot of grout, but saved a lot of time and hassle.

Now that the kitchen/diner project has finished I am now considering converting the downstairs 'privy' into a wetroom, steep learning curve, but I've got the plumbing covered, it's just everything else!?

Thanks again,
The Loony.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie tiling pics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm after some advice please. I've been tiling a few years but never even asked to do...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all Perfect Level Master first time tiling went for the best (highly rated on here)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB