UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss newlook store nottingham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
was on nights last night doing repairs , this is not a job we had previously done
i have never seen anything like it in all my years tiling joints vary from 5mm to 10 mm
there is tenting every were , we had 62 tiles to change only 2 of us we managed 30 just.
the substrate varies from sand cement screed , 6mm ply screwed into screed, and fibre reinforced slc
not sure how old the store is , but talking to the guy in charge it was done by a shop fitting company from southampton run by some electricians

after cutting the grout out you could get a scraper under tile they just popped out, removed addy using kangol with proper blade for removing addy , the vibration from kangol was disturbing the grout on the adjoining tiles as you walked across the floor the tiles were creaking under your feet
sorry no pics forgot my phone , if i go back i will deffo get pics you have to see it to believe it

which new look is it,the one near the broadmarsh or round the corner from all saints.
Everytime my misses takes me in them I'm always moaning about the tiling,can't switch it off :lol:

my misses is always moaning at me for moaning at the state of the floor in our new look its shocking every time i get dragged in there i find more faults with it must be a new look thing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to newlook store nottingham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
N
  • Question
Hi there I've just joined after reading a few old threads regarding these tiles to see if...
Replies
Views
newuser
N
M
Hi everyone I have two external balconys that need refurbishment as leaking, The maintenance...
Replies
Views
mike111
M
S
So I am helping out a builder on a prestige house in Central London, long and short of it is...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.