Discuss Nice little job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Started a new build on Monday, going to be busy for a few weeks.
Bed 3 en suite
4unu8agu.jpg

u5edy3yt.jpg

de8ujegu.jpg

9atu9y4e.jpg

jujebu8e.jpg

This is going to be the kitchen,
5egeqyqy.jpg

6enyvu8u.jpg

e3e5anez.jpg

su4y9yhy.jpg

Gyvlon screed still to lay on top of ufh.
The other half of the house was poured 4 weeks ago.
All in just under 400m2 to content myself with.

S

Stef

Nice one stef, I'm turning work away just now, not enough hours in day, that's four bathrooms this week I've had to say no, hate doing it too!

Turned a few away myself over the past few weeks, being honest with people & telling them mid February before I could get to them.
It's no good as I hate turning work away but as you say not enough hours in the day.
The joys of being popular!!

S

Stef

He was a tiler, he had started as a painter with his dad & got asked if he could do a splash back on a site & took it from there.
I started off grouting & never laid a tile for over a year.
He taught me the basics & a lot of bad habits that I didn't realise at the time were bad habits.
Through working on my own & a fair amount of research I got to where I am now.
I have worked as a joiner/painter/brickie & a few other trades & they stood me in good stead for the tiling.
As a lot of others on here I have OCD when it comes to tiling & that's what puts us apart from the run of the mill Tilers.

S

Stef

yeh I suppose any site experience whatsoever is a plus shame I have none what so ever lol. worked as a labourer for a couple of months for a builder and realised I am useless didn't even know how to carry bricks properly until he showed me then it ook 3 days for the hands to adjust to the constant scraping on the bricks lol

- - - Updated - - -

fairplay to ya mate

Ash, if you were up here I would take you out to give you some experience just for your determination of sticking it out on the forum.
Keep plugging away & I hope you get a break.
We all have to start somewhere.

M

Mr Tiler

yeh I know mate although ive done a bit of tiling now its few and far between so I don't feel im keeping all the experience I gain and its all my inexperienced experience :/ lol. like when you don't use ya bank card details for ages you can remember a few of the numbers but you loose a couple too lol. I may do another call around in the new year hopefully they will remember me calling and decide to give me a shot lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Nice little job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Tiling Courses Virtually all private and commercial properties have tiling in them somewhere, so...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB