Currently reading:
NIECEIC or Napit reg. Electrical Advice

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss NIECEIC or Napit reg. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

NIECEIC or Napit reg. Discussion ThreadNIECEIC or Napit reg. Electrical Advice

Hi all,
I am a qualified Electrician/Electrical Engineer from Denmark. I recently had my 25 year old Danish qualifications assessed by UK ENIC because I was interested in doing some test and inspection work and certification when I have the time, simply due to my passion about my past skills (I am in a higher management position currently).
Just to give you a little background (please forgive me if it sounds arrogant). The Electrical Apprenticeship in Denmark is very extensive and normally takes 4-5 years. To complete the apprenticeship you must sign a contract with a company that carries out all three types of installations, Domestic, Commercial and Industrial, including Automation, PLC programming and troubleshooting, Intelligent House Control Systems, Fire systems, Hospital systems etc. etc.. You need to be able to calibrate loops and design circuits using Acad and lots of other stuff. In addition to this all domestic installations, normal houses in Denmark have 3 phase supply, so more complicated in terms of testing and inspection. I have now lived in the UK for 17 years. In Denmark RCDs were introduced some 35 years ago. I was surprised to see that RCDs where introduced in the UK so many years later. Out of curiosity and passion I have now completed the 18th Edition, Part P and test and inspection UK regs etc. As I mentioned earlier I may wish to do testing and certifying installation one day, who knows.
I need your honest and unprejudiced opinion. Please be correct in answering my question! As a qualified Engineer who's qualifications have been officially approved as being above Level 4 do I need to be registered with Napid or NIECEIC in order to install, test and verify my own work or others if I have an Ltd and Public Liability Insurance incl. Indemnity, regardless of the job being notifiable, If I can deal with that myself! I find the information in the books rather confusing. It sounds as if some organisations are charging people to allow them use...

Read more

NIECEIC or Napit reg. for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to NIECEIC or Napit reg. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
What is this 1970s fuseboard? Discussion ThreadWhat is this 1970s fuseboard? Electrical Advice Hi, went on a job today, to swap over an oven. On arrival, the homeowner was on a work video call...
Replies
Views
  • Article
3 phase TPN boards - earthing TT Discussion Thread3 phase TPN boards - earthing TT Electrical Advice Hi guys, starting a new install on a job son and having a complete mind blank. The supply at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
AC servo motor burning out 1 phase (motor side) but ok VFD side Discussion ThreadAC servo motor burning out 1 phase (motor side) but ok VFD side Electrical Advice Hi all, First post, so not...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.