Discuss nightmare in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi

i got my first job the other day,a kitchen splashback nice good size for me to start on,the deal was for me to buy the tiles and etc..finished the job in good time,took a step back to look for any mistakes,then i saw that the tiles are not the same colour as the trim around the window,have all but finish just grouting to do,wat a **** up,wat can i do,will the cusmter still pay.any advice pls

T

Time's Ran Out

Its all part of that 'learning curve' and on the next job you'll show the customer the trim before you fix it!
Not that you may have made any mistake here - as different materials tile/plastic will never be exactly the same shade of whatever colour - it's just with experience you cannot assume the customer will see the same white as you see. (or red.green etc.)
This will however also make you wonder whether you should get the money for the materials when you deliver them to site and before you fix them, so your loss/worry will not be so great.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Come on Py Rookie get your camera out. It sounds to me that you are too critical about your work. Some people have white tiles and ivory trim and it looks great. There are many shades of white and you will probably not get a perfect match trim for the shade of white tile that you have. When everything is grouted up it will look great. I was looking at several sizes of white tile the other day, they were all very noticeably different shades of white. So, white is not always white. I very much doubt that your customer will take out their Colorimeter and test for colour difference between the tile & trim!. BTW, a ‘Colorimeter’ is a device for measuring colour difference between surfaces. I think they now use them in B&Q for matching paint samples. Good luck. Sean

Reply to nightmare in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

py rookie

Arms
TF
torquay,devon
Business Name
paul the tiler

Thread Information

Title
nightmare
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.