Discuss No Win, No Fee in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

About 7 months ago I had a "muscle spasm" to the left neck/ shoulder area..I over done it and suffered for it, no one to blame but myself.

Had 5 weeks off and still suffered quite a bit of pain, ostiopath for a few sessions and he advised me to go to the docs, had an x-ray (thought I had done more damage considering the discomfort), a bit of wear and tear, nothing unexpected.

Physio for a while, not bad but over the last few months it's settled down anyway but still being carefull.

Now the thing is I'm having calls from no win no fee types, I have never contacted these people but the conversation is that you had an accident and you can claim about £4000 for your injury, unless I can claim against myself not much chance.

They still continue to call, now my point is how do they get my mobile number (which the hospital has) and how do they know I had hospital treatment, now is information being passed to these companys from someone in the hospital.

Has anyone else come across this problem or heard of anything similar.

Just to add, I have a mobile which I have been called on, 2 landlines, one is virgin media which I've been again called on and a BT line which is business, also been called on, which was today and it was on answer phone and sounded it was from India.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's incredibly dodgy. The Mrs is pregnant and we get leaflets though the door about baby stuff although I made sure I checked all the boxes, and told all the people we've dealt with that take our details, that we want no mass junk mail. NHS would be behind that, and perhaps its the same in your case?

Keep asking where they obtain their details when they call. I'll start trying to find out myself too, as we have months more of this if not years.

PM me with any more info. ;)

U

user123

I know just what you mean there. My Dad had glaucoma ad other eye diseases and therefor I go to have my yearly eye test at Boots. My eyes are absolutely fine, inherited my Mum's anyhow, but just making sure, I started about 5 years ago. Since then lo and behold I get all sorts of eye related junk mail, laser surgery mainly, and that started en masse about 6 weeks after my first eye test. Now Boots is not the NHS, but still... ??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Will do Dan, the reason I asked was that I listen to a local radio station who deal with peoples problems and there was an elderly lady who had the same problem but again never had an accident, just had hospital appointments for an minor injury..

She got the calls ???
Perhaps proves my point. But worth looking into either way.

I'll certainly trace back a few so everybody who's getting annoyed by this try to too. We'll see what happens.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
it doesn't stop the root of the problem but no companies are allowed to cold call you then. i'm registered and as soon as i mention that to cold callers they hang up

Me too, but there's a bit of an art to getting their details. Lead them into a comfort zone and sense of false security and lead them to believe you're heavily interested (whilst dodging their demands for payment or commitment) and you tend to find if you 'call back later after seeking approval from your superior' that you get some of the callers details. If we collate a bit of it, maybe we'll end up with some advice to provide?

S

SandyFloor

Had a company ring me about 6 months after my daughter had an accident in her car. They wanted to help me claim for my"injuries". I said that the accident happened near my daughters home about 15 miles from where we live and that I was not in her car or the other one involved. They took some convincing that their info was wrong.

Was the car insured in your policy?

D

Deleted member 9966

I had a very similar conversation with my Mother about data sharing amongst government departments and bodies.

It all started with "what happens when a child reaches school age? do you contact the local schools directly or is there a central database where these details are held?"

My mum and I figured out that from the day you're born, you're registered at birth (legal government requirement otherwise you have no eligibility to stay in the UK) and you start to appear on NHS databases at GP surgeries etc. I think it's likely that you are also given your NI number from birth too. So all this data soon starts to mount up and before you know it, your parents receive a letter stating that you are now of school age and should enroll at the local school.

What wouldn't surprise me about Mark's situation is if the NHS has actually sold data on to ambulance chasers in return for big wads of cash under some patient service improvement guise.

S

ScottG13

I've been getting regular texts for well over a year now about claiming £3750 for that accident I had.....I haven't had an accident! You have a number to text back to stop them but I always feel responding in any way is a mistake.

I wonder if it's just a coincidence they've gone for you and you've just been picked at random.

I keep getting exactly the same. Trying to think when I or did I even have an accident?!! I kicked a beer over the other week and it went all over my expensive rug, maybe thats it!

Reply to No Win, No Fee in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
No Win, No Fee
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.