UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss non payment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev j

went and saw customer regards non payement of ensuite i did for bathroom company today , he was very nice to me ,he said he had paid all the money owed to them but had stopped half payement for the tiling work ,which i said to him was fair concidering a number of tiling mishaps i made ,he thought it very bad of the bathroom company not to pay me half the money i am owed now the job is finished ,anyone agree

M

Mike Mike

does that give them the right not to pay me any money for a job the client is willing to live with ,

I would say that you have fulfilled your side of the contract (by tiling the en suite) and you have a valid expectation that they will perform their side of the contract and pay you. Whatever price discussions they have had with the end customer and agreed were not something that you were party to, nor have you and them agreed new contract terms e.g. getting paid half, or getting no money (never acceptable because of the requirement for consideration in a contract).

File a county court claim against them and see what pans out. They'll either cough up, or go to court and you'll find out one way or the other. I think you'd win as they have not allowed you the opportunity to put right any faults with your work.

M

Muse2k8

They have to allow you to change them. It's not just common decency but it's also what a judge would say.

However as myself and a few others have said, do it right first time and be done. I don't get to the point of looking at the finished job and thinking cuts are off, I check the cut in dry before I stick it in. If its off I trim it down. If I've really really messed up then I put it to the side for a smaller cut and do it again. No errors and no question over if I get paid or not.

I think it might have to be a lesson learnt - at a cost of 200 quid.

I'd be more worried about if the bathroom company are ever going to use you again??

If they do, you'll have to get your quality right..

Ps. If a cut (or any part of the tiling) doesn't look right, its your responsibility to fix it at the time. No point letting others decide if its ok or acceptable - or if it will 'pass'... No matter how big or small the job is (I.M.O).

T

Time's Ran Out

went and saw customer regards non payement of ensuite i did for bathroom company today , he was very nice to me ,he said he had paid all the money owed to them but had stopped half payement for the tiling work ,which i said to him was fair concidering a number of tiling mishaps i made ,he thought it very bad of the bathroom company not to pay me half the money i am owed now the job is finished ,anyone agree

At the end of the day your customer is the Bathroom Co. and with the admission by yourself of the 'mishaps' I'd be surprised if you got a penny from them or the court. They contracted you to do a professional job and if it is not to the highest quality but a 'willing to live with' standard, then the Bathroom co. may feel the need to withold any payment to you until they are satisfied that their customer will not claim against any installation guarantee in the future.
If in doubt on completion of any work for contractors - try and get a signed customer satisfaction note, to present for payment.
Good luck.

T

tfs

I would chase someone for £30 or £3,000, just a matter of principle for me.

If the bathroom co were paid in full then you deserve to be paid in full providing they had no costs of putting your work right.

If they were only paid half then I can see why they wont py you the full amount. It should realy have been discussed with you in my opinion.

It may be that they feel you are not worth getting back to try and put it right as you have done enough damage to their reputation already.

I am pressuming that you have not done work for these guys before?

We all make mistakes at some point in our careers (be it us, or our employees) what matters most (after ensuring we are suitably qualified to prevent them) is how we deal with them in my opinion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to non payment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.