Discuss Normal bathroom (not wetroom) adhesive in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi all.

I'm going to be starting a bathroom next week in white ceramic 200 by 300 tiles and was wondering what adhesive to use for this. The walls have been plastered & painted so I'm going to sand the paint off the wall where tiles will be fixed & then SBR the plaster.

Before all tiling jobs were organised by my boss so i'm just checking that I'm going about it the right way?

For bathroom walls we'd use Sovereign Gripmaster Acrylic Tile Adhesive & on any timber in the bathrooms we'd use Sovereign Gold star white acrylic. The areas to be tiled would be primed with a diluted mix of PVA (which i believe is not ideal). Would these adhesives be the right sort or should i go for something more waterproof? I believe it's just a regular shower and bath being fitted & It's not a wet room.

Thanks in advance

Matthew

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Normal bathroom (not wetroom) adhesive in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've got a job coming up soon in a bathroom, wall to ceiling around the bath then...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB