Discuss Northern Irish Courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dtittensor

Was wondering if anybody can help me, i have been tiling now for the past 5 years (Self-Employed). I took a shine for tiling when i first started and have progressed ever since the age on 19, but my uncle noticed that i had something after he came to one of my jobs and has be supplying me with work ever since. over the past 5 years i have become extremely confident in my tiling abilities. What i was wanting help on is if anyone knew of any courses that run through Northern Ireland so as i can gain qualifications so as i can apply for jobs in the mainland? I have always kept a portfolio of my work, and references from previous jobs, would this be enough to secure a job in England?

M

Max@ableskills

Was wondering if anybody can help me, i have been tiling now for the past 5 years (Self-Employed). I took a shine for tiling when i first started and have progressed ever since the age on 19, but my uncle noticed that i had something after he came to one of my jobs and has be supplying me with work ever since. over the past 5 years i have become extremely confident in my tiling abilities. What i was wanting help on is if anyone knew of any courses that run through Northern Ireland so as i can gain qualifications so as i can apply for jobs in the mainland? I have always kept a portfolio of my work, and references from previous jobs, would this be enough to secure a job in England?

Hi and welcome. Best bet is to find an assessor to verify your work via two possible options.
Option 1. You could get NVQ level 2 qualified by undertaking the on site assessment training (OSAT) route which involves an assessor visiting you in your place of work and recording work activites.
2. As you have some years experience you could gain the NVQ level 2 via the experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA). This involves you proving competance by undertaking a practical assessment and professional discussion at a training centre or college.

There is more details to both routes but this information gives you a basic insight to your options.

good luck

Reply to Northern Irish Courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Northern Irish Courses
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.