UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Not good !! - Pilks Goes Under! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

p4ulo

Such a shame, the main factory in Poole is about a 5 minute drive from my house,
its so cheap there its unbelieveable!!!
Just shot down there as I was after 42 sq m of outside grade tiles to tile the roof terrace for the summer, but there was a big bloke with a clipboard on the main gate turning everyone away, he said there will be no "clearance" sale at all....DAMMIT!!

Shame as the boys in the shop were a good bunch of lads.....Shiv.:thumbsdown:

S

Spud

we are doing an old peoples care home with their tiles and they were very expensive and to be honest not very good quality, i feel for the families involved losing their jobs such a shame but when you consider i was forced to pay £10.86m2 for their bumpy gloss white 20x20 and I can buy a british bumpy white gloss 20x20 for £3.49 m2 there is a massive difference and with contract whites its all about price because you need to win contracts, so when asked to price contract white work we didnt even consider pilks, hopefully the familes involved will find new work quickly and hopefully it will be within tile manufacturing so we dont lose the skill base

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Not good !! - Pilks Goes Under! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hiya, just had a long discussion at Topps Tiles about which primer would be best to use under...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.