Discuss Not suitable for UFH. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Got onsite yesterday to find that the builder had laid the UFH mat, then covered it in SLC. I had never seen SLC this colour or this dusty before. A lot of the cable was sticking up from the SLC so I decided to sweep the floor and prime the floor twice. Then I poured 3 bags of Mapei latexplan over the top. I feathered it to the edge of the room (leaving about 5% of the room with the previous SLC showing).

I then found a few empty bags of what the builder had used. Sealocrete floor levelling compound. It says 'Not suitable for UFH'.

I arrived for work today to find that the SLC I poured is still drying out. I had to come home because I can't tile on it. Can't get back till Wednesday now.

So what are the consequences of using the Sealocrete SLC with UFH?

Cheers Sean

W

White Room

Got onsite yesterday to find that the builder had laid the UFH mat, then covered it in SLC. I had never seen SLC this colour or this dusty before. A lot of the cable was sticking up from the SLC so I decided to sweep the floor and prime the floor twice. Then I poured 3 bags of Mapei latexplan over the top. I feathered it to the edge of the room (leaving about 5% of the room with the previous SLC showing).

I then found a few empty bags of what the builder had used. Sealocrete floor levelling compound. It says 'Not suitable for UFH'.

I arrived for work today to find that the SLC I poured is still drying out. I had to come home because I can't tile on it. Can't get back till Wednesday now.

So what are the consequences of using the Sealocrete SLC with UFH?

Cheers Sean

If it's tiled and it goes belly up it will be YOU who will be chased to put it right, personally i would leave well alone unless it is sorted out.

T

Time's Ran Out

Seems a bit late for walking as 3 bags of Mapei latex plan have been poured over the top!
If the Sealocrete doesn't contain the fibres and is only suitable a a surface smoother ie 3mm thick then it will most likely crack, debond and come loose with the temperature variation that will be happening. There may not have been any priming of the substrate prior to the Ufh and leveller going down and you don't know what ratio of water/powder mix was used in the builders attempt at covering the electric cables .
The next step is yours!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Not suitable for UFH. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB