Discuss Nothing we can do in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Tut. One good thing has come from this. The bloke who probably did it himself will possibly not bother in the future. I think we'll get a lot of this in a couple of years time. DIY repair jobs, and possibly long-term customers too if the job's done well.

Just think, if this happens around the time of the economy getting better in a couple of years then you'll all be laughing. They'll not only not want to bother doing DIY, they'd be able to afford not to maybe?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's the way to go mate. I'd consider it a small investment for the future. I think a lot of the lads who can't already handle repair quotes perfectly need to get to the level of A) feeling confident when pointing out the errors B) being accurate in doing so (so quoting standards and methods) and C) being sympathetic when telling them their older choice of tiler (or them choosing it to do it themselves) was the wrong choice to make.

You need to move with the times and all that to stay in the game! As they say! :D

M

mikethetile

Tut. One good thing has come from this. The bloke who probably did it himself will possibly not bother in the future. I think we'll get a lot of this in a couple of years time. DIY repair jobs, and possibly long-term customers too if the job's done well.

Just think, if this happens around the time of the economy getting better in a couple of years then you'll all be laughing. They'll not only not want to bother doing DIY, they'd be able to afford not to maybe?
this happened before in the 90s recession

property prices were down and repayments were at 14%, everyone was short of cash and repossions could be had all over theplace plus there was a big sell off of council properties

B&Q boomed at this time opening bigger stores all over the country and had their successfull ad campaign

you can do it when you B&Q it

everyone went diy mad, it was rough time for tradesmen

the economy picked up and everyone was desperate to sell and take advantage of the bargains higher up the chain, it was a buyers market

and those who had bodged it themselves with B&Q materials lost out big time, their dodgy diy efforts had devalued their homes, we boomed ripping out bad work and redoing it in order to make the houses saleable

a lesson was learned and those who can do and those who cant employ someone who can

B&Q suffered in the upturn and had to change tack and employ fitting teams to survive, this time round they recognise that their target in hard times is the tradesman not the diyer , hence the new tradepoint

Reply to Nothing we can do in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Nothing we can do
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.