UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Now we know!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Seen this in a National Sunday paper. When advice like this is being given out, you know where the customer gets it from. :mad2:

2012-04-25_12-31-52_398.jpg

Still not sure whether Jenny is wanting to save and re-use the tiles or save the walls!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
How do I remove trim tiles from around my bath without damaging the edge of the wall tiles?

Carefully cut along the grout line between the wall tile and trim tile using a small grinder, and then use a hammer and bolster.

imagine some diyers with a grinder in there hands :)

And don't forget to fill the bath with water and place your 240V extension in so it is fully submerged. Hey presto, you kill yourself, the missus gets the life insurance, and gets a professional in to do the job right.

S

Stef

DIY Donny writes in the Scottish Sunday Mail every week.

I was going to show a photo of his advice on here a couple of months ago.

Overboard your wooden floor joists with 6mm ply & it will be sound to tile to. :lol:

I was at a Home Renovation show with the family 2 years ago at the SECC in Glasgow & i was on the hunt for said DIY Donny. i walked by a stand & saw him sitting right at the back having a cuppa.

"Haw sir yir advice is Sh" rhymes with Right!! :thumbsup:

Lets just say he wasnt best amused as i walked away laughing. :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Now we know!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.