UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss NVQ LEVEL 2 by 2010 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Got this letter through the post today. By 2010 every tradesman will be required to possess a CSCS card to work on any construction site. To obtain a CSCS card you will need to possess an NVQ Level 2 qualification or similar in your specific trade. O.S.A.T (on site assessment and training) through the government backed scheme Train to Gain can offer you an NVQ level 2 in wall and floor tiling certificate. Funding is free for this qualification provided that you have no other similar qualifications. There is also no need to attend lengthy college courses to obtain this qualification because this can be taken on site or at your place of work with the help of a qualified wall and floor tiling assessor. The assessor will attend your place of work and together with you ,gather the necessary evidence, (pictures,plans,job sheets etc) to gain this qualification.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

julie67

Hi guys /gals heres a bit of info that I have been told.

The government give a certain amout of funding to colleges for the NVQ's each year so u should find a college near to you that is offering the NVQ tiling oh and the older you are the more chance you will be accepted for the course . I have just nearly finished a free funded NVQ in customer service level 3 , and have asked my mentor to find out information on it for me .

Il keep you informed.
x

C

ChaseTiling

Hi all,

We are an accredited centre that covers the UK for tiling assessmets. We aso do the ICA.

We take on funded students all the time :)

Before you can do OSAT though, you need to meet the entry criteria which can be found on my thread HERE :

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-nvqs/9201-house-certificates.html

There is also plenty of other NVQ info on this part of the forum :)

Ant
Chase Tiling Academy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
the best way to look at the nvq is this.

even if it costs you £550 for a osat, then do it because if it prevents you from working on a site in 2010, then think how much money you will lose that way.

i know it must really stick in the throat of all you time served tilers but, i'd rather lose £550 than a the possibility of all that future life earnings on a site as of 2010.

Nice way to put it. In a way traders understand. With pound signs involved. :hurray:

C

CLAYS TILES

Hi guys /gals heres a bit of info that I have been told.

The government give a certain amout of funding to colleges for the NVQ's each year so u should find a college near to you that is offering the NVQ tiling oh and the older you are the more chance you will be accepted for the course . I have just nearly finished a free funded NVQ in customer service level 3 , and have asked my mentor to find out information on it for me .

Il keep you informed.
x
does that mean your ready to push up daisies then???:lol: :lol: :lol:

C

ChaseTiling

I agree with TilerBurden but what i want to know and i have asked before is..HOW do you get funding? I want the NVQ" but if i can get funding then i would be a fool not to.
When i have asked i was never given a clear answer.
It seems to me as if its like a lot of Grants, they are available but you have to know the right person or department to ask.
There are many different ways of getting funding - I have put quite a few threads on the NVQ forum for all to read with regards of where to look and who to ask.

There are certain criteria you have to meet in order to qualify for funding. To list them all here would be an absolute nightmare.

Best thing is to find my threads on here and ask the question by giving the funding streams a call directly :)

G

Gary Beveridge

Dear all, it was I who posted out these letters along with my business card, i work as an on-site assessor in the wall and floor tiling sector, and am a consultant for South Kent College. These letters were sent out to bring awareness of the CSCS card scheme, as for free funding, the basic criteria is, more than 3 years experience in wall and floor tiling, no other similar qualifications, ie, no other NVQs or City and Guilds. If you meet this criteria then you should be able to get funding. I hope this helps. If you need further information or wish to enrol you can contact me on 07767235877 or phone the college...Gary Beveridge

dptiling

TF
Arms
clacton
Got this letter through the post today. By 2010 every tradesman will be required to possess a CSCS card to work on any construction site. To obtain a CSCS card you will need to possess an NVQ Level 2 qualification or similar in your specific trade. O.S.A.T (on site assessment and training) through the government backed scheme Train to Gain can offer you an NVQ level 2 in wall and floor tiling certificate. Funding is free for this qualification provided that you have no other similar qualifications. There is also no need to attend lengthy college courses to obtain this qualification because this can be taken on site or at your place of work with the help of a qualified wall and floor tiling assessor. The assessor will attend your place of work and together with you ,gather the necessary evidence, (pictures,plans,job sheets etc) to gain this qualification.

who was the letter from ? if you dont mind me asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChaseTiling

So what happens if you complete a tiling course (non - qualification), become self-empolyed until 2010 and then require a CSCS card? will you have to attend an assessment centre or have an assessor attend at one of you customers to obtain a NVQ or SVQ as i'm located in Scotland?
cheers
Andy:confused:

The only route to an NVQ from now on without having to wait 3 years is to go for an ICA in Wall & Floor Tiling. Then go straight onto the NVQ OSAT Programme.

If it's site and contract work along with domestic work you are after, then this is the only way to go from now on

That is unless you have your 3 / 5 years experience already, or will have between now and 2010.

We do the ICA here at our centre and we also do NVQ OSAT @ Level 2 & 3.

:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to NVQ LEVEL 2 by 2010 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Just wondering if Any1 can help me with what type of cscs card I need to work on site...
Replies
Views
Tommytile
T
I
Hello To all, Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I completed my level 2 Diploma in...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
Just had a letter asking me to re-new my CSCS card !! it appears i might have to sit more tests...
Replies
Views
Tezer
T
R
Could you help young people learn skills for employment in construction? PT TUTOR to teach a...
Replies
Views
Rebecca Bowden
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.