UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss NVQ stuff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ozboz

Hiya, just had a long conversation with a person from a NVQ provider, It was the best info I have had re these things. Ill get one, best for me is Level 3, not to sure on the price as yet, could be up to £1200, but this has yet to be determined, hopefully will gwt exp worker discount, just lost 400 m2 job ,:disappointed: not to undercutters, the whole job has been moth-balled, economic rain clouds, oh well !!, any way like I said, nice to have a handle on this NVQ bit, Anyway catch you later Steve,

A

akinsontiles

If its your first NVQ and you don't hold A-level (level 4 qualification) then you should be able to get the course fully funded regardless of income. Note this does depend on the provider of the NVQ. When I did mine it was only £600 and I did Level 3 through OSAT with Ashington College in 2008.

Make sure you shop about and speak to your local college too as they may be able to do the paperwork even if they don't teach tiling diplomas etc.

regards

Paul

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I would certainly not class my NVQ level 3 Heritage, as a waste of time, not only does it allow me to work on listed builings. It gives me fully qualified craftsman / supervisor status. If I were to run a job without it and something went wrong, an accident or similar. I could be held accountable.

I am very proud that I was the first tiler in Britain to be awarded this accreditation. and I don't think it stands for nothing. Then again I am time served, and not just picked it up as some do, this industry needs policing badly imo so any qualifications should be welcome.:shocked3:

S

Stewart

I would certainly not class my NVQ level 3 Heritage, as a waste of time, not only does it allow me to work on listed builings. It gives me fully qualified craftsman / supervisor status. If I were to run a job without it and something went wrong, an accident or similar. I could be held accountable.

I am very proud that I was the first tiler in Britain to be awarded this accreditation. and I don't think it stands for nothing. Then again I am time served, and not just picked it up as some do, this industry needs policing badly imo so any qualifications should be welcome.:shocked3:

Spot on and couldn't agree more regarding policing our trade........!

Created on iPhone.....

T

The D

All a waste of time

Ihave level 2 nvq it dosent mean any thing the course i done was a joke a little bit of tiling around an arch way

NIBBLE AWAY AT SOME TILES TO DO A L CUT

And some very basic floor tiling SOME ONE whos been tiling for a week could do that

If you have been tiling for more than five years then you will probably have done the OSAT or EWPA
Root. if I am correct you will have had an initial interview and then a professional discussion, in that time your assessor will have asked you some very specific questions to gain some understanding of your competence. Then you will have done some very simple tiling to show you have experience in the practical side.
This is my problem . If you feel you are not competent or your practical work was not up to standard and your assessor passed you anyway then that is a fraudulent NVQ and you should report the centre and the assessor. It sounds to me though that you are complaining that it was to easy to obtain the NVQ and the practical test was beneath you. My question to you then is how hard do you want it to be??? After all the NVQ level 2 is the bass level qualification for the tiling industry.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to NVQ stuff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
Last week was a pain......booked to do 4 units at a barn conversion (Let's, for a B&B) nothing...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
A
Hi there, I'm new here, and I'm not a tiler. I would be grateful for some advice on sorting out...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
T
Hi all Can anyone offer me any advice on the best way to get regular work. My situation is...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.