Discuss Odd Size Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

crinkmeister

I need to replace 5 or 6 bathroom tiles - not bothered about an exact colour match, but I have a problem with the size. Thinking they were standard 200 x 250 mm, I bought some samples from a DIY store. Thing is, the existing tiles are a tad smaller - something like 245 x 195mm. The house was built in the 80's and I assume these are original tiles. I know I can cut the new ones down, but wondered what my chances of getting the correct size were. Thanks in advance!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Welcome to the forum and I hope someone can provide some advice!
I'am not sure what reply you are expecting other than it sounds like a real 'Heath Robinson' job as my Dad would say - different colour tile doesn't matter, but you are prepared to cut tiles down to fit! They've been on 30+ years so I'd suggest a change of decor is in order.
Good luck.

I would have to agree with TJ on this.

C

crinkmeister

Thanks for the replies. A total refurb of the bathroom is not possible at present for several reasons, not least of which is the cost. The issue is that I need to move the electric shower about 4 inches to the right because the donut who installed it (before I bought the house) positioned it over the edge of the bath. In moving the shower, I would like to conceal the cold feed (run up from underneath) instead of having it drop down on the surface - ie visible- from the ceiling. I don't expect to be able to remove the existing tiles (dot and dab wall) without breaking any. Presumable these were an old tile size that is not available any more? I haven't been able to find any information on them.

T

Time's Ran Out

I fully understand your description of the shower setup as a few 'that'll do plumbers' have got in before us previously . Take the opportunity to remove the whole wall of tiles, bury the wire and pipe work in the wall, and waterproof the substrate. 1 wall isn't going to break the bank for £8 worth of bumpy white tiles and £40 worth of other materials then when your numbers come up get the other wall and a shower screen ordered!
Jobs a good un!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Odd Size Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm doing a "meantime", part improvement job in own small bathroom after sink unit / wc change...
Replies
Views
Hello Forum - for a lower level media room (13-ft x 30-ft), our goal is to used two (or more)...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views
A
Hello All, I posted back in September and you were all very helpful with your advice on what to...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB