Discuss Offset window in wall help needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sthgloshi

Hello to everyone this is my first post.

Not being totally thick over the years I have managed to conquer most tiling jobs to a reasonable standard, however I am having a thick moment on this one and need some advice.

I have a downstairs w/c and intend to tile the walls and floor, the difficulty is the one wall has an offset window in it and the toilet is central to the wall giving me problems on how to centre the tiling. If I centre the tiling to the toilet the window causes a problem, if I centre the tiling to the wall both window and toilet are out of line.

Can anyone suggest a way of dealing with this?...as both window and toilet are fixed in position and cannot be moved???

Kind regards
Nick

S

Sthgloshi

Wow very quick replies thank you.

The wall measures 850mm wide x 2320 high. The window is 440mm wide x 840mm high and offset by 100mm from the centre line, if I centre the tiling to the window it produces uneven slithers at either wall junction. Incidentally the tiles are 275mm wide x 360 high.

The toilet is fixed in so much as the soil pipe is screeded into postion and the room is too narrow to move it either side and the cistern backs against the same wall below the offending window.

E

easyt

Wow very quick replies thank you.

The wall measures 850mm wide x 2320 high. The window is 440mm wide x 840mm high and offset by 100mm from the centre line, if I centre the tiling to the window it produces uneven slithers at either wall junction. Incidentally the tiles are 275mm wide x 360 high.

The toilet is fixed in so much as the soil pipe is screeded into postion and the room is too narrow to move it either side and the cistern backs against the same wall below the offending window.
Sounds like you are tiling my WC that I tiled a month ago. I centred on the window. Don't forget there are two ways of centering. Joint in centre or full tile in centre. Either will ive a balanced look and one may avoid slithers.

Reply to Offset window in wall help needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Offset window in wall help needed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.