Discuss Oh Mr Knowitall eh !!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Recently finished a job, 1 bathroom and shower and 1 Ensuite, just a shower. When I priced it up I noticed in the shower areas a copper pipe coming out of the wall for the shower but no cable....so I said " wheres the cable ? "

The plumber was there and said that it was a Triton remote control shower and all the gubbins was in the loft and the pipe was where the hose connected..... Smart i thought !.

So i asked how close to the pipe he wanted me to cut around the pipe. He said as close as possible....No worries, perfect hole was drilled... Anyway job was done and client over the moon.

Then I get a call today to say that there was supposed to be a bracket around taht pipe so the fitting can screw on to it....:mad2:

So tomorrow I have to go back and take both tiles out and I am trying to explain that it would be better to cut the whiole tile and plasterboard out in one piece rather that try and break it out and damage any more tiles. Plumber tells client I am talking out my back side, so client tells me that they dont want the tile cut out but taken out....i explain again the damage that will happen and he seems happy with my solution. Plumber then apparently throws a strop and said I am being awkward and unprofessional :mad2:.
Now all this conversation is going on over the phone and I can hear every word. So i just say to the client , Ask the plumber who forgot this bracket and i need his name for the invoice when i remove and replace the tiles. As good as gold the client relays my message word for word. I could hear him choking in the background :lol:

Anyway from what i hear , this plumber has been throwing his weight around and even telling the client what they can and cant have to make his life easier. he is only a little guy too, so I cant wait to see his face when there is a 6ft 2, 100kg annoyed tiler standing over him tomorrow :smilewinkgrin:

D

doug boardley

im 6'2 wide just 5'6" high

i dont get the little man syndrome im just used to dealing with everyone who is taller than me

Saying that i played Rugby once at Stourbridge and their 1st team had played Preston grasshoppers Wade Dooley played for them i was in the bath next to him now that a big lump
I've played against him too, luckily for me I was on the wing so I was as far away from him as possible:lol::thumbsup:

Reply to Oh Mr Knowitall eh !!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Oh Mr Knowitall eh !!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.