Discuss Oh no...not again!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Went to start a bathroom today after plumber had first fixed and set shower tray in place.

Cleaned up floor, checked for deflection and everything was fine. Started to prime floor ready for backer boards to go down and leant on the tray. Oooh that moved....so i tried to lift corner of tray up with my hand and it moved up and down 4-5mm.

Rang plumber and told him tray was moving and wasn't expecting it to seeing as he fixed it last Thursday.

"What did you fix it with?" I asked.

"Tile adhesive"

"I'm sure it should have gone off by now" I said laughing

"You would think so"

"What tile adhesive did you use?" I asked

"That ready mixed one"

So I asked him to hold on, I lifted the tray up by hand and this what I found

photo-tray.jpg

Anyone care to comment?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
On the plus side, at least you didn't lose a job after he had offered to do the tiling! I suppose he is a plumber and didn't know the difference between cement based and tubbed.

You don't know, what you don't know, untill you know that you didn't know

As I understand it he solders the tiles on when he gets a tiling job :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Oh no...not again!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB