Discuss Old dog...new tricks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

davo

Hi all,

Been a keen DIYer for over 40 years. Tackled most things over that time - including gas and electrics...but slowly the EU seems to be stopping us doing our own jobs. Wonder how long before we can't replace our own car brakes/discs!!

Anyway that's me...and thanks to all those who've posted useful info on this site. It's appreciated - and has helped me learn a few new skills and time-saving tricks. THANKS AGAIN.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I used to do all my gas work. That was before the corgi thing started. Regulation and certification frustrates the heck out of me. I still do most of my own electrics as much as I can to remain within the building regs. Qualified and certified is often very very different from competent IMO.

D

davo

Thanks for the welcome messages. APOLOGIES if my intro caused confusion:

I posted: "Been a keen DIYer for over 40 years. Tackled most things over that time - including gas and electrics...but slowly the EU seems to be stopping us doing our own jobs."

WHICH WAS MEANT TO EXPRESS MY FRUSTRATIONS THAT - NOW I'M IN MY EARLY SIXTIES WITH 40 YEARS' DIY EXPERIENCE - I CAN DO LESS AND LESS DIY WORK e.g. INSTALLING MY OWN GAS APPLIANCES/RING MAIN - DUE TO CHANGES IN LAW...

Appreciate others may well think the changes in law - over the past 40 years - are good news. I'm hoping tiling is not next on the EU's hit list of dangerous DIY jobs :smilewinkgrin:

Still, young, inexperienced DIYers can still flood/blow up their houses by drilling through water/gas pipes. Or electrocute themselves by bashing a nail through an electric cable. So, EU law's not yet managed to resolve all the DIY safety-related issues... :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Old dog...new tricks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
S
Hello Everyone! new DIYER here. Me and my husband have just brought our first home which was...
Replies
Views
GordonK
G
R
Could you help young people learn skills for employment in construction? PT TUTOR to teach a...
Replies
Views
Rebecca Bowden
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB